Horizontal Flare Pits
HORIZONTAL FLARE PITS
Pit Flares/Pilot Burners are normally positioned horizontal and located through a Fire Brick Wall, Earthen wall and/or Fence surrounding the flare pit. Each application is evaluated to determine the correct and safe distances for the location of our Horizontal Flares. When choosing the location of a Burn Pit the following factors should be carefully considered:
- Outside of all normal work areas and operational plant
- Where smoke and the associated thermal plume will not be a hazard to personnel or traffic, or cause damage to equipment
- Clear of all buildings and public vehicle parking lots
- Clear of residential areas for at least 1,000ft (305m)
- Where neither local nor general environmental considerations limit placement
The site selection shall be made with regard to the following near-field considerations.
- At maximum rate, the anticipated thermal radiation levels from the Burn Pit must be calculated in accordance with generally accepted methods. Radiation profiles for both liquid supported and gas-supported flames should be independently considered
- Plume Rise and Temperature; for the maximum liquid burning and gas burning cases, the estimated plume rise, trajectory and temperature shall be calculated for a variety of wind and stability cases
- Wind Direction; radiation levels and plume trajectories should consider that winds are possible from all directions
Steam Injection or Water Spray
Forced Air Blower
With over 100 years of experience NAO has earned a worldwide reputation for reliability and trouble-free performance.